20 January 2012

Sperm is Pure

Question:

I had sex with my wife, then I got up and made Ghusl and prayed the
Fajr prayer. Is it permissible for me to return to sleep on the same
mattress on which I had sex with my wife, and cover myself with the
same cover?
Answer:



Semen is clean, and does not make a person or his mattress impure.
Aishah may Allaah be pleased with her, said: I used to rub it (i.e.
sperm) from the clothes of the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam),
then he would pray in them. However, this is if the semen is emitted
after the person has washed his private parts with water (Istinja) or
stones (Isijmar) in according with the Islamic law, to cleanse himself
after urinating. But if it was not so, the semen will not remain pure
due to coming into contact with a place which is impure, and thus it
will become impure. And based upon the fact that sperm is clean, it is
permissible for a man to sleep on the mattress and to cover himself
with the covering under which he had sex with his wife, and there is
no harm in that.

Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-`Uthaymeen
Fatawa Islamiyah Vol. 2 Page 87

0 comments:

Post a Comment